Whether you live in London or the USA, everyone loves to hear and read about the Royal family. Why? I’m not quite sure. It could be the fascination with the family line, the richness and crown jewels, the posh life, or the inspiration of continuity, service, and patriotism they provide.
According to The London Pass, there’s still more to learn than what you read in the tabloids about the Royal Family. They’ve compiled a family tree with a few facts for us to learn.
We’ll start off with the Queen and Prince Philip, the oldest of the current Royal Family.
- The Queen has received a lot of unusual gifts during her reign. Jaguars, sloths, black bears, pineapples, and a 15lb box of prawns!
- Prince Philip, when he was ‘on duty’, made a total of 4,632 speeches at meetings, conferences and receptions. That averages out to 8 speeches a month for 50 years!
- Next in line is Prince Charles. He was heavily involved in the conservation of the planet, even converting his cars to run on biodiesel.
- His wife, the famous Princess Diana, had an engagement ring made out of 14 solitaire diamonds and a 12 carat oval blue ceylon sapphire set in 18 carat gold.
- Princess Anne actually has 4 names: Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise.
There’s plenty more to read in the infographic below (including more about the current Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge.