This infographic from onlineclock.net looks at something we all deal with daily – being late to work (or trying to avoid it). The good news is that if this is a struggle for you, you’re far from alone. 16% of people arrive late to work at least once a week and 27% admit to showing up late at least once.
Most delays and tardiness are caused by:
- Traffic – 30%
- Lack of sleep – 19%
- Bad weather – 9%
- Getting kids to school/daycare – 8%
This infographic also contains a nice list of excuses you can use next time you’re late. Some of our favorites include:
- My dog buried my car
- “I decided to take my experimental solar power scooter to work. It started to rain and let’s just say I won’t be filing for a patent any time soon
- I have a severe allergic reaction to 8:00 am
- I got in the elvator with our CEO and the next thing I knew he’d pushed the buttons for all the floors – what a joker
- My three year old came to the conclusion that my car keys were flushable. He was right.