Chances are, you know someone who has dementia. Whether its your grandparents or even your parents, Dementia is a collection of mental disorder symptoms, almost 100 different types. According to Affinity Training, Alzheimer’s accounts for 62% of all Dementia cases and its much more common than you might think:
- About 800,000 people in the UK have Dementia though many are not diagnosed
- one in three people over the age of 65 will develop Dementia in their lifetime
- There are more than 400,000 people living care homes in UK
- Dementia affects 80% of home care cases
- By 2021, Dementia cases is estimated to rise to 950,000
Read on in the infographic below for more information about Dementia.